| FEDES, a Chilean project partner of Family Care Foundation (FCF)
Family Care Foundation project partner FEDES
(Fundacion Educativa de Desarrollo Economico y Social) focuses on education and
social and economic development, and is dedicated to bettering the lives of the
poor and disadvantaged of Chile.
The concept of human development embraced by FEDES is aimed at satisfying spiritual, emotional and physical needs, as well as providing training at an individual, family and community level, enabling people to create a stable, safe and peaceful social environment that will be conducive to the development of families and children.
FEDES is presently involved with the following programs:
- Vocational Training School where young people from underprivileged homes learn trades and their products are marketed through a Micro Enterprise approach.
- Medical aid to improve the conditions of the nation's poorest hospitals and medical institutions, and procuring shipments of much needed medical relief, in the form of equipment and supplies including orthopedic equipment, wheelchairs, and walkers
- Introducing Chile to various outside expertise, and organizing seminars to network local organizations with outside resources and
- Distributing basic needs to the poor
- Assistance to a National Center for youth suffering from neurological problems.
- Visiting residents of hospitals and other institutions.